Loes Knetsch ©
When you purchase something online, you want to receive it as well. But that’s not always the case. Sometimes you have paid for an item, and it never arrives. What can you do to protect yourself and to shop safely online? Be aware of fake shops.
Here are 12 tips for shopping safely online
- Look closely how the website is presented.
- Are there a lot of errors on the website?
- Google the address.
- Do they have a phone number?
- What to do if the product is not what you thought?
- Check how long the web shop is active.
- Is there an email address?
- What are others telling about this webshop?
- Does the web shop have a quality mark?
- Can you pay via a secured SSL (green padlock) connection?
- Be alert for extremely low pricing.
- Use your common sense!
1. Look closely how the website is presented.
2. Are there a lot of errors on the website?
A hastily made website with a lot of grammar errors can ring your alarm bells.
3. Google the address.
Is it a real address? Where is the company located?
4. Do they have a phone number?
Do you actually get a real person answering the phone?
5. What to do if the product is not what you thought it would be?
Do they have a return option? Do they charge you for that?
6. Check how long the web shop is active.
Scam web shops pop up and disappear. They collect and vanish in order not being caught.
7. Is there an email address?
When you do not fully trust the web shop. Try sending an email and wait if you do you get a prompt answer.
8. What are others telling about this web shop?
Read the testimonials, do they look genuine?
9. Does the web shop have a quality mark?
Trustworthy web shops have a quality mark and are controlled by authorities.
10. Can you pay via a secured SSL (green padlock) connection?
Can you pay with Paypal, a credit card, or via a bank transfer? Does the web shop have a green socket padlock in the browser?
11. Be alert for extremely low pricing.
Be extra alert when a product is offered far below the competitor’s price. Scamming is of all time. Buying stolen goods is an offense.
12. Use your common sense.
Too good to be true is often too good to be true!
Report online web shops scams
You can report your experience with an online purchase scam here.
Starting your own web shop can be overwhelming
1 out of 5 web shop doesn’t make it on the internet. For some reason, they stop already in the first the year. A lot of web shop owners jump into an unknown market and do not foresee all problems they can encounter. I don’t want to write an excuse for these entrepreneurs. I just tell you to be careful when it comes to trust that your purchase will be sent to you by the web shop.
For that matter, affiliate marketing is a better option. There is, I must confess, less profit per purchase. But you have quite a lot of advantages. Per example:
- You don’t have to buy a stock of products
- You don’t need storage space
- You can start it totally for free
- You get paid when the purchase has taken place
- You don’t have to ship orders yourself
- Do you want to know more advantages?
Click here and let me inform you thoroughly about affiliate marketing and how things work.