Loes Knetsch ©
In my enthusiasm to create and develop websites, I just overdid it a bit. Therefore, I combined this website with another website of me. The blogroll from this website has been moved to
my main website.
I hope you will follow me on my other website with the same pleasure as you have followed me here.
In the near future, more websites of me will be combined, to make it a little easier to maintain the content.
Transfer a blog
When you want to transfer a blog or want to combine 2 websites you need to take a few steps
You can choose to do 2 things
- Use the transfer option, export/import, the blogs will be directly published on the other website.
- Copy and paste the blogs to the other website, and save them in a draft to be republished one by one.
I choose for the second option.
8 Steps to take:
- Copy your content.
- Copy the images from the library.
- Delete the blogs and pages you’ve transferred.
- Check up your widgets which one is still referring to posts.
- Check up the menu and categories and delete the pages/posts/categories there.
- Send in a new sitemap from your empty site to Google and Bing.
- When you see that Google and Bing have responded, use the remove URL function in Webmaster tools.
- Delete your website.
When you’ve done this, you can start with republishing your content on the other website without being punished for duplicate content.
I hope I may welcome you on my other website, Work at Home, the Future is Yours